Neve Campbell Not Ruling Out Scream Return

Forum 3 months ago

Neve Campbell Not Ruling Out Scream Return

In the wake of multiple exits from the next entry in the Scream franchise, series icon Neve Campbell hasn’t ruled out a return, but it will have to be on her terms.

Neve Hasn’t Screamed Her Last

Scream 7 has been hit by a variety of cast and crew disasters in recent months, with Mellissa Barrera being fired from the movie over her stance on Isreal, while Barrera’s onscreen sister Jenna Ortega and director Christopher Landon have also exited the third film in the soft reboot of the long-running meta slasher series.

Campbell famously did not appear in Scream 6, the first time she’d not been in a Scream film, over a pay dispute, and while she ”would not be surprised to get a call,” that fair valuation of her worth would be the crux of any deal for her to return.

“We have to stand up for women in this business and know what we’re worth. That hasn’t changed for me,” Campbell said to The Hollywood Reporter during a BAFTAs tea party in Beverly Hills. “So, if they were to come back to me, it would have to be with a respectful offer that I felt was in keeping with what I bring to this franchise.”

Back in November, Campbell spoke about not being in Scream 6, and wasn’t bitter about the franchise continuing without her.

“I haven’t watched it until two weeks ago,” she said. “It took me a minute; I don’t know why. I actually thought they did a really good job. I think the cast are really powerful, wonderful actors. I don’t wish these movies ill will. I wanted the movie to be good. It’s not like I’m sitting at my house going, ‘I hope it sucks, I hope it doesn’t do well.’ I care about all the people involved. There’s someone at the top who only thinks about money, and that’s their prerogative, but for the rest of them? Everybody else? I care about these movies being good, and I care about that for you guys, too, because I know you guys love these films. I thought they did a great job.”

Spyglass Media Group is reportedly restructuring Scream 7, with the Campbell return one potential solution as well as bringing back Scream 3’s Patrick Dempsey. As it stands, Scream 7 is still penciled in for a 2025 release.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie
Forum | 2 days ago

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie

Scream 5 & 6 Directors Explain Their Departure From the Horror Franchise
Forum | 6 days ago

Scream 5 & 6 Directors Explain Their Departure From the Horror Franchise

Melissa Barrera Is Open to Starring in Scary Movie 6 Following Scream Exit
Forum | 1 week ago

Melissa Barrera Is Open to Starring in Scary Movie 6 Following Scream Exit

Acapulco Season 3 Trailer Previews Return of Apple TV+ Comedy
Forum | 1 week ago

Acapulco Season 3 Trailer Previews Return of Apple TV+ Comedy