Panic As Gunmen Burn Down Anambra Monarch’s Palace, Kidnap Late Gov Mbadinuju’s Driver

Forum 3 months ago

Panic As Gunmen Burn Down Anambra Monarch’s Palace, Kidnap Late Gov Mbadinuju’s Driver

Suspected gunmen have set ablaze the palace of Igwe Emmanuel Nnabuife, the traditional ruler of Isseke Community in Ihiala local government area of Anambra State.

Isseke is a border town with Orsu local government area of Imo State, which has been the den of gunmen for the past three years.

Igwe Nnabuife, who confirmed the incident wondered why he should be the target of the arsonists, adding that he has no problem with anyone in his community to warrant such attack.

In a telephone chat, the Monarch said: “It is true that my palace was burnt down by these boys and I have lost everything that I laboured to achieve all my life.

*As I speak, I am homeless as everything was raised down. But I thank God that no life was lost and nobody was harmed by those boys. This is the way it is in my town, Isseke”.

Another report from Isekke said the former driver to the late Governor Chinwoke Mbadinuju was abducted shortly after the funeral ceremony of his late brother.

The former governor’s driver was said to have failed to settle the gunmen before burying his brother, a development that had become a norm for anyone organizing any event in the area.

According to the report, shortly after the funeral, the gunmen stormed his home, fired gun shots in the air and took him away to an unknown destination.

The driver, whose name was given as CY has not been released.

The Anambra State Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Mr Tochukwu Ikenga, who confirmed the arson said investigation had begun.

”The state Police Command has since commenced investigation on the case of arson that took place at Igwe Isseke’s Palace. We are already talking with some eye witnesses in the area where the incident took place.

“For now, no report of loss of life was reported and the value of properties destroyed is yet to be ascertained. Further details shall be communicated, please”, the PPRO said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
11 Cultists Arrested For Invading Anambra Hotel With Charms, Dangerous Weapons
Forum | 1 day ago

11 Cultists Arrested For Invading Anambra Hotel With Charms, Dangerous Weapons

Bandits Kill 4, Kidnap 6 And Raze Telecom Service Mast In Zamfara
Forum | 1 day ago

Bandits Kill 4, Kidnap 6 And Raze Telecom Service Mast In Zamfara

Illbliss Remembers Late Indigenous Rapper, Dagrin
Forum | 1 day ago

Illbliss Remembers Late Indigenous Rapper, Dagrin