Commissioner Pays Hospital Bills Of Mother Of Triplets Who Was Detained In Enugu (Photo)

Forum 3 months ago

Commissioner Pays Hospital Bills Of Mother Of Triplets Who Was Detained In Enugu (Photo)

Lawrence Ezeh, the Commissioner for Innovation, Science, and Technology in Enugu State, covered the hospital expenses for Mrs. Joan Orajiobi and her triplets, who were detained in a private hospital in Enugu.

Orajiobi, who delivered triplets at Praise and Grace Hospital and Maternity, Enugu, on New Year’s Day, was detained by the hospital over the family’s inability to pay the delivery bill.

She had pleaded with Nigerians and organisations for assistance to settle the bill.

Paying the bill on Saturday, the commissioner, who also had triplets, said he was touched on hearing the story.

“You know that my wife and I have a set of triplets, two boys and a girl—who are already in secondary school now. So I was touched by the story when I read it on Friday,” he said.

Confirming the payment, the Medical Director of the hospital, Dr Shedrack Emeribe, who was absent when the commissioner visited, said he received a call that the commissioner had cleared all the bills.

The mother and her newborn babies, two girls and a boy, had been detained since January 8 for their inability to pay the hospital bills totaling N352,350.

The mother of triplets, a native of Nnewi in Anambra, living at Ologo Quarters, Uwani Enugu, said that upon discharge, the hospital held her and her babies pending when the bill would be completed.

Orajobi said the total bill for the hospital was N482,350, but her husband was only able to pay N130,000, leaving a balance of N352,350.

She said the bill was high because she gave birth to the triplets through a Caesarean.

She thanked the commissioner for his benevolence and for coming to rescue them.

Aside from the commissioner clearing the bill, the family also received some cash donations from some Nigerians for the babies.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Photo Of Two Men Who Were Nabbed For Kidnapping, Robbery Of Female Pastor In Edo
Forum | 21 hours ago

Photo Of Two Men Who Were Nabbed For Kidnapping, Robbery Of Female Pastor In Edo

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns
Forum | 2 days ago

Governor Mbah Trying to Create Crisis in Enugu – IPOB Warns

Court Fixes May 17 To Rule On Detained Binance Executive
Forum | 2 days ago

Court Fixes May 17 To Rule On Detained Binance Executive's Request For Bail

Davido Spoils His Wife, Chioma, With Wads of Dollar BIlls Ahead of Her Birthday on April 30
Forum | 2 days ago

Davido Spoils His Wife, Chioma, With Wads of Dollar BIlls Ahead of Her Birthday on April 30