AFCON 2023: Super Eagles going for the title – Musa

Forum 3 months ago

AFCON 2023: Super Eagles going for the title – Musa

Captain Ahmed Musa has reiterated the Super Eagles desire to claim the title at the 2023 Africa Cup of Nations.

The three-time champions are among the favourites to win the title at the biennial competition.

Musa, who was part of the Super Eagles squad that won the AFCON trophy in 2013 in South Africa, believed they have the quality to emerge victorious in Cote d’Ivoire.

We have the quality to win it, if you see the players in the 25-man squad, you can’t say we are not going to win.

“You know in football anything can happen, but we have the mindset to win it. The coach has already said his target is to win the AFCON and by God’s grace we are going to win it.”

Nigeria will face hosts Cote d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea and Guinea-Bissau in Group A.

The Super Eagles first game is against Nzalang Nacional of Equatorial Guinea on Sunday, January 14.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie
Forum | 2 days ago

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie

EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton

EPL: This is the end of Liverpool’s title chances – Carragher on Everton defeat
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: This is the end of Liverpool’s title chances – Carragher on Everton defeat

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances