Tinubu Took Risk Making Me FCT Minister – Wike On Appointment

Forum 3 months ago

Tinubu Took Risk Making Me FCT Minister – Wike On Appointment

The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Nyesom Wike has applauded President Bola Tinubu for appointing him as a minister.

According to him, Tinubu took a lot of risk appointing him minister.

Wike said people protested against Tinubu’s decision but the president “stood his ground.”

He spoke in his country home, Rumueprikom in Obio/Akpor Local Government Area of the Rivers State.

The immediate past governor of Rivers State said he’s more concerned about playing politics of unity in the state.

According to Wike: “Let’s move forward for the interest of the state. That is important. I took the decision and you listened to me.

“I want you to also listen to me now. Let’s accept what Mr. President has said. It is in the interest of Rivers and Nigeria in general.

“It may not be the best but there is no option. Mr. President took a lot of risk to give me the position of Minister of FCT. People protested but he stood firm. If he could do that, you too should accept his decision.

“When we came back from Abuja, within the next 48 hours, the speaker and his people took the decision to obey Mr. President without attaching any condition. I thank Mr. Speaker and other members for respecting Mr. President.

“Whether you are APC or PDP or you don’t belong to any of the parties, we owe a duty to give Mr. President support to move this country forward. Some people said I betrayed PDP, but I never betrayed PDP.

“We stood firm and told Nigerians we wouldn’t do this if this were not done. So the issue of betrayal doesn’t arise”.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She
Forum | 1 day ago

Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She's a Serving NYSC Member

Andor Video Sees Diego Luna Discuss Making Disney+ Star Wars Series
Forum | 3 days ago

Andor Video Sees Diego Luna Discuss Making Disney+ Star Wars Series

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu
Forum | 5 days ago

Those Asking Me to Apologize Worse Than Jonathan, Buhari, Tinubu – Aisha Yesufu

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja
Forum | 5 days ago

President Tinubu Attends African Counter-Terrorism Summit In Abuja