Nigerian-American Actress Ayo Edebiri Wins First Golden Globe

Forum 3 months ago

Nigerian-American Actress Ayo Edebiri Wins First Golden Globe

Nigerian-American actress, Ayo Edebiri has taken home her first first Golden Globe award.

She won the award for her role in the hit dramedy ‘The ‘Bear’.

The 81st Golden Globe Awards were held on Sunday night in Beverly Hills, California, USA.

Edebiri graced the event in a custom Prada red satin gown with a voile knotted drape detail, paired with matching pumps.

She took home the trophy for Best Actress in a TV Series, Musical or Comedy for her portrayal of Sydney in ‘The Bear’.

Visibly nervous with excitement during her acceptance speech, Edebiri expressed gratitude to be surrounded by so many people she admires.

She also thanked her family and colleagues on ‘The Bear’ for their unwavering support and apologised if anyone was unintentionally left out of her speech.

“I am so grateful for this. I am in a room full of so many people who I admire, and whose work has lifted me up,” she said.

“I am so grateful to my family—everyone at the bear, that is my family. It is an honor to work with you and grow alongside you.

“There are so many people who I probably forgot to thank. Oh my God, all of my agents and managers, assistants! To people who answer my emails, you all are real ones.

“Thank you for answering my crazy crazy emails. I’m really, really grateful. If I forgot to thank you, I am sorry.”

Edebiri was born in Boston on October 3, 1995. She is the daughter of a Barbadian mother and Nigerian father.

Edebiri’s journey in entertainment began in high school while taking part in open mic challenges.

She attended New York University, where she initially intended to study teaching before switching her major to Dramatic Writing.

In addition to ‘The Bear’, Edebiri starred in the 2023 teen comedy ‘Bottoms’.

She also served as a writer on the FX horror comedy ‘What We Do in the Shadows’ in 2022.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up
Forum | 2 days ago

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up

Actress Wumi Toriola Completes Master’s Degree at LAUTECH
Forum | 2 days ago

Actress Wumi Toriola Completes Master’s Degree at LAUTECH

Look Within The Industry, Marry Yourselves - Actress Uche Ogbodo Advises Her Colleagues
Forum | 2 days ago

Look Within The Industry, Marry Yourselves - Actress Uche Ogbodo Advises Her Colleagues

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi
Forum | 3 days ago

Your Marriage Is Still One of the Best We’ve Seen So Far - Nigerian Man Praises Adekunle Gold and Simi