Why I Quit Lecturing For Skit Making – ZicSaloma

Forum 3 months ago

Why I Quit Lecturing For Skit Making – ZicSaloma

Popular Nigerian skit maker, Isaac Aloma, aka ZicSaloma, has disclosed that he decided to quit his job as a lecturer at the Kaduna Polytechnic to
focus on skit making because of the low salary.

Speaking in a recent podcast interview with actress Iyabo Ojo, he noted that he has always been determined to be successful, stressing that he started his master’s programme while carrying out his youth service.

He explained that he served at Kadpoly and was retained as a lecturer after his youth service.

The skit maker recalled that while lecturing, he was still auditioning for singing competitions and even participated in an edition of The Voice Nigeria.

He said his foray into skit-making was “unplanned,” noting that he struggled with it for three years before gaining traction.

Aloma said, “
I started making skits unplanned. It wasn’t something I took seriously but it was gaining traction. At first, I was posting my skits on Facebook, and my Facebook friends seemed to like it. They encouraged me to do more. I just kept doing it. I did it for like three years. My fan base wasn’t growing but the people who liked it liked it.

“Then until the lockdown period when I joined Tiktok, my contents started flying organically.

“At a point, I told my boss that I was quitting my lecturing job and she was like, ‘Are you sure you know what you’re doing?’ I’m done with lecturing. How much is the lecturer’s salary? [laughs]”

He added that when he left lecturing, he wasn’t even successful yet.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Andor Video Sees Diego Luna Discuss Making Disney+ Star Wars Series
Forum | 3 days ago

Andor Video Sees Diego Luna Discuss Making Disney+ Star Wars Series

Defend Tinubu Publicly or Quit - Matawalle Tells Northern Appointees
Forum | 1 week ago

Defend Tinubu Publicly or Quit - Matawalle Tells Northern Appointees

Two Arrested In Lagos For Snatching A Lady
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Two Arrested In Lagos For Snatching A Lady's Phone While She Was Making A Call