Obaseki Betrayed All Agreements Made With Him After He Won His Re-election – FCT Minister, Wike

Forum 3 months ago

Obaseki Betrayed All Agreements Made With Him After He Won His Re-election – FCT Minister, Wike

FCT Minister, Nyesom Wike has accused the Governor of Edo State, Godwin Obaseki of failing to keep his part of the agreement after he secured his second term bid.

Wike said this on Sunday while speaking at a New Year luncheon he organised in his country home, Rumueprikom, in Obio/Akpor Local Government Area of the Rivers State.

The minister said he supported Obaseki for his re-election after he fell out with his predecessor, Adams Oshiomhole, and some PDP leaders came to him to back the governor’s second term bid.

Wike stated that the Edo governor reneged on all the agreements made with him before his re-election and started peddling rumours of blackmail against him.

According to Wike, he has learned from President Bola Tinubu, who taught him that betrayal and politics can never be separated.

He said,
“It is not everything you invest that you will reap. Even established companies crumble. You cannot say I did this but I am not benefitting. God knows why it happens the way it happens.

“What is important in life is to give God the glory that you are alive to see what is happening. When a man is dead, he doesn’t know what is happening.

“You will be able to advise your children and your friends. When the heat was on in Edo, this young man was a frontrunner in the Edo Governorship election.

“PDP leaders came to me in Port Harcourt from 6 pm to 6 am the next day. I told the young man with Dan Orbih to withdraw and not to run for the governorship. He was crying and we agreed on what would be given to their group.

“He was to be refunded the money he spent and to get four commissioners but not one was kept. We said okay, you would run for Senate in the next election. But not one was kept.

“But the next thing was blackmail that Wike wants to control this. But you didn’t know what Wike wanted to control when you came and held a meeting with me from 6 pm to 6 am. It was all about blackmail. That is what you see in politics.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She
Forum | 1 day ago

Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She's a Serving NYSC Member

Why Wike Was Allowed Into PDP National Caucus Meeting - Senate Minority Leader, Moro Speaks
Forum | 5 days ago

Why Wike Was Allowed Into PDP National Caucus Meeting - Senate Minority Leader, Moro Speaks

Kwankwaso Betrayed My Trust – NNPP’s Founder, Aniebonam Laments
Forum | 1 week ago

Kwankwaso Betrayed My Trust – NNPP’s Founder, Aniebonam Laments

Court Orders INEC To Publish Audited Election Expenses Of Political Parties, Others
Forum | 1 week ago

Court Orders INEC To Publish Audited Election Expenses Of Political Parties, Others