Leadership Positions Must Always Be For The People’s Benefit – Peter Obi

Forum 3 months ago

Leadership Positions Must Always Be For The People’s Benefit – Peter Obi

Peter Obi, the Presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), in the 2023 polls has urged Nigerian leaders to use their positions for the ultimate benefit of the people who voted them into power.

Obi stated this in a series of tweets after he attended the Thanksgiving Service and Empowerment Day organised by the Senator representing Anambra North Senatorial Zone, Anambra State, Senator Dr Tony Nwoye.

The former governor of Anambra State said he was impressed with the huge empowerment program for the constituents, especially the less privileged ones, saying that it is a true representation, which impacts people positively.

He urged Nwoye to continue to invest in critical projects such as education, health, and poverty eradication that will leave more lasting benefits for the people and society.

He wrote: “
Today, I joined the Senator representing Anambra North Senatorial Zone, Anambra State, Senator Dr Tony Nwoye, in his Thanksgiving Service and Empowerment Day for the constituents in Onitsha.

“I am happy that he realized that only God can raise a true king, and no one must abuse God’s grace upon their lives. His decision to celebrate his victory at the polls with his people and in his constituency is very admirable. We the leaders, must always understand that our leadership positions must always be for the ultimate benefit of the people who gave us access to power.

“I was equally impressed with his huge empowerment program for the constituents, especially the less privileged ones. That, for me, is a true representation, which impacts positively on the people. I urge him to continue to invest in the very critical projects that will leave more lasting benefits for the people and society.

“Investments in education, health, and poverty eradication remain the best forms of investment and must be prioritized by all. I pray God Almighty always give him the wisdom to do what is right, the strength to serve the people, the boldness to speak truth to power, and the courage to resist the seductions of corruption and rascality that now pervade our society. Together, by doing the right things, we will build the New Nigeria of our dreams. It is possible.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish

Peter Obi And I Never Believed in Labour Party Ideologies — Doyin Okupe
Forum | 2 days ago

Peter Obi And I Never Believed in Labour Party Ideologies — Doyin Okupe

I’m Only Artist Who Stops People From Spraying Me – Seun Kuti
Forum | 3 days ago

I’m Only Artist Who Stops People From Spraying Me – Seun Kuti

When Naira Went Haywire And Some People Were Celebrating, Inwardly We Were Laughing At Them - Shettima Says
Forum | 4 days ago

When Naira Went Haywire And Some People Were Celebrating, Inwardly We Were Laughing At Them - Shettima Says