Transfer: Gary Neville reveals only player who made Alex Ferguson break his rule

Forum 3 months ago

Transfer: Gary Neville reveals only player who made Alex Ferguson break his rule

Former Manchester United captain Gary Neville has revealed that the club’s legendary manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, broke his transfer rule for one player, Louis Saha.

Ferguson never consulted his players to sign recruits during his time at Old Trafford. But he broke it on one occasion following an FA Cup game at Fulham back in 2001 after watching Saha in action.

Saha tormented Ferguson’s Man United so much that the Scot asked his defenders, Neville and co., whether he should sign the Frenchman.

Recalling the incident on Sky Sports, Neville said: “But after we played Fulham one time in the FA Cup, he [Ferguson] actually asked us as defenders, would we sign Louis Saha? We all said “yes” straight away.

“I remember the season where he was playing up front with Wazza [Wayne Rooney] in 2006 and it was unbelievable; they were fantastic together. Louis was a brilliant, brilliant player,” Neville added. “He gave me absolute nightmares when I used to play against him when he played for Fulham.”

Saha scored 42 goals and registered 17 assists in 124 games across competitions for Man United.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up
Forum | 2 days ago

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert
Forum | 2 days ago

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife
Forum | 2 days ago

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife

Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer
Forum | 3 days ago

Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer