EPL: ‘He reminds me of Messi, Ronaldo’ – Rodri hails Man City teammate

Forum 3 months ago

EPL: ‘He reminds me of Messi, Ronaldo’ – Rodri hails Man City teammate

Manchester City midfielder Rodri has hailed his teammate Erling Haaland, insisting the attacker reminds him of Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.

According to Rodri, Haaland shared the same drive to improve as Messi and Ronaldo.

Speaking to Spanish outlet Diario AS, Rodri said: “At the beginning, I noticed he [Haaland] was very anxious. He understood that we were a different team and he knew that he was not going to be involved [in the play] so much, that he should wait for the moment to finish.

“These are things that you have to adapt and learn. Now he is much more positive. He says, ‘Rodri, control the game. Forget about me’―that is understanding the team. He’s improved a lot in coming to receive and in going into the space.”

He added: “We can’t forget that he’s a 22,23-year-old with the inquisitiveness that comes with someone at his age. He’s really kind, really cheerful; he speaks about everything; he’s just a brilliant guy. And above all, he has a hunger to improve, to always be ready. In that sense, he reminds me of Cristiano and Messi.”

Haaland has been a revelation since joining Man City from Borussia Dortmund.

The Norway international helped Pep Guardiola’s side win the Treble last season after scoring over 50 goals across all competitions for Man City.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Micah Richards expresses sympathy for Liverpool star
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Micah Richards expresses sympathy for Liverpool star

EPL: Neville names three signing Chelsea should make to compete for title next season
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Neville names three signing Chelsea should make to compete for title next season

EPL: They won’t win their last three matches – Adebayor predicts title winners
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: They won’t win their last three matches – Adebayor predicts title winners

EPL: Thiago Silva confirms he’s leaving Chelsea
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Thiago Silva confirms he’s leaving Chelsea