EPL: Redknapp reveals big mistake Ten Hag made during Man Utd’s defeat to Nottingham Forest

Forum 3 months ago

EPL: Redknapp reveals big mistake Ten Hag made during Man Utd’s defeat to Nottingham Forest

Former Tottenham Hotspur midfielder, Jamie Redknapp, has suggested that Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag made a big mistake by substituting Kobbie Mainoo at half-time during his side’s Premier League defeat to Nottingham Forest on Saturday.

Recall that Man United were defeated 2-1 in an away Premier League tie at the weekend.

Ten Hag opted to substitute Mainoo for Scott McTominay at half-time and the home team took the lead just past the hour mark.

“United were struggling defensively and he [Ten Hag] obviously made the change at half-time,” Redknapp told Sky Sports.

“I found that was a very strange one to take off Mainoo and leave yourself without a recognised defensive midfield player and go with McTominay, Bruno Fernandes and Christian Eriksen.

“That is an area where all good teams have defensive midfield players. You look at what McTominay has done this year for Scotland and Manchester United, all his good work has come at the top end of the field.

“Straight away, there were gaps and it opened up for Nottingham Forest and that’s where they got their success.”

The result leave Man United in 7th position after 20 games.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up
Forum | 2 days ago

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert
Forum | 2 days ago

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife
Forum | 2 days ago

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 2 days ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’