Dad Wasn’t Involved In My Upbringing But Now Feels Entitled – Erigga Laments

Forum 3 months ago

Dad Wasn’t Involved In My Upbringing But Now Feels Entitled – Erigga Laments

Erhiga Agarivbie, the popular Nigerian hip-hop artist, who is better known as Erigga, has lamented that despite absconding from home at eight and training himself, his dad feels entitled to his wealth.

He said his dad wasn’t involved in his upbringing but as soon as he became successful, he started reaching out to him and making demands.

The Warri-born rapper disclosed this in the latest episode of the Spill With Phyna podcast.

Erigga said,
“When you see parents start feeling entitled, it doesn’t make sense because you had many years ahead of me, why didn’t make it before me? People don’t really address this entitlement mentality in Africa.

“I was facing the street alone. I was involved in too many things that I can’t even say on camera. And I just keep wondering like what if I was shot or arrested? Because most of the people I was with then are either dead or in jail.

“I’ve to start raising myself at the age of 8. I started living with my friends and learning bad habits. But then again, I fell in love with music at a very tender age so I knew where I wanted to be regardless of where I was. Then many years later, I now become Erigga then somebody comes and say, ‘Yo! You’re not taking care of me. You’re not doing this and that.’ And I’m like, ‘Bro, na relations we be because you no father the father wey you suppose father normally. I don father myself alone. And I can’t give you the credit.

“All my stepbrothers started begging me to forgive our dad, saying he wasn’t also responsible to them. But at the end of the day, they are only having the conversation with me because I am who I am.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Korra Obidi’s Ex, Justin Dean Laments as 4-year-old Daughter Twerks Like Mother
Forum | 1 day ago

Korra Obidi’s Ex, Justin Dean Laments as 4-year-old Daughter Twerks Like Mother

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife
Forum | 1 day ago

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife

Paul Okoye Laments Struggle Of Doing Household Chores Without Maids Abroad
Forum | 1 week ago

Paul Okoye Laments Struggle Of Doing Household Chores Without Maids Abroad