EPL: Ratcliffe told first signing to make for Man Utd

Forum 3 months ago

EPL: Ratcliffe told first signing to make for Man Utd

Former Manchester United striker, Dimitar Berbatov has said Joshua Kimmich would be the perfect signing to begin Sir Jim Ratcliffe’s era at the Premier League club.

The Ineos Group chairman has bought a 25% stake in the Red Devils and is expected to inject around £236million into the club.

Ineos will now overhaul player recruitment at Old Trafford, having taken charge of football operations.

Berbatov believes a move for Kimmich, who is Bayern’s captain, would represent a shrewd move.

He told Betfair: “Going forward with the takeover, I wonder how brave Man United will be in the transfer market. Joshua Kimmich is being linked, but he’s such an important player for Bayern Munich.

“With Casemiro’s injuries and form, maybe United are going to look for a replacement.

“Kimmich is someone who fits perfectly in that position, but does he want to leave Bayern? That’s going to be a tough decision.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 16 hours ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club
Forum | 16 hours ago

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag
Forum | 16 hours ago

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 16 hours ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag