EPL: ‘You can’t sit there’ – Saunders advises Arsenal star to leave club in January

Forum 3 months ago

EPL: ‘You can’t sit there’ – Saunders advises Arsenal star to leave club in January

Former Liverpool star, Dean Saunders has advised Arsenal outcast Aaron Ramsdale to force a move away from the club in the upcoming January transfer window.

Ramsdale has fallen behind David Raya in the pecking order of goalkeepers at Emirates.

The England international, who was part of the PFA ‘Team of the Year’ last season, has made just nine appearances in all competitions for the Gunners this season.

Ramsdale last appeared for Mikel Arteta’s side in the Premier League in their 1-0 win against Brentford in November, with Raya ineligible to face his parent club.

Speaking with Jamie O’Hara on talkSPORT, Saunders insisted that Ramsdale must leave Arsenal.

“He’s got to leave, he can’t sit there with his snood on every week looking as if he has just got a £3000 gas bill. It’s not been fair but football at the highest level is ruthless and you need two teams,” Saunders said.

“Arsenal need two teams of good players to win the league and as a goalkeeper, there is only one position you can play. You have to sit there and swallow it. But they are queueing up for him, if I was him I would say, ‘Thanks very much, this is not for me.'”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Iwobi guns for 250th appearance as Fulham host Crystal Palace
Forum | 8 hours ago

EPL: Iwobi guns for 250th appearance as Fulham host Crystal Palace

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash
Forum | 8 hours ago

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race
Forum | 8 hours ago

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race