EPL: He’s not calm – Mario Melchiot criticises Chelsea attacker

Forum 3 months ago

EPL: He’s not calm – Mario Melchiot criticises Chelsea attacker

Former Chelsea defender, Mario Melchiot has criticized Nicolas Jackson after his performance in the Blues’ Premier League 2-1 win against Crystal Palace on Wednesday night.

Melchiot feels Jackson lacks composure in front of goal.

Recall that Jackson missed an excellent one-on-one chance during the encounter at Stamford Bridge.

However, two goals from Mykhailo Mudryk and Noni Madueke gave Chelsea victory against the visitors.

“Jackson is making it really tough,” Melchiot told ESPN.

“[Against Crystal Palace] I watched him and he’s making it very, very hard for himself.

“The competition is there, I know Poch said he needs time and time is really the difficult part but Nkunku I like what he’s doing and I hope he keeps progressing but Jackson I don’t know.”

Melchiot added: “He has the speed and the power but he doesn’t have the calmness in his head that I feel a proper striker needs.

“He is not an old guy, he still got time but the only thing he needs to work on is the calmness.

“If you look at the ultimate strikers who played for Chelsea, I give you an example of my time with Hasselbaink or Drogba, those guys were calm when they came in front of goal.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 1 hour ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club
Forum | 1 hour ago

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag
Forum | 1 hour ago

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 1 hour ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag