EPL: Arteta gives injury updates on Partey, Tomiyasu ahead of West Ham clash

Forum 4 months ago

EPL: Arteta gives injury updates on Partey, Tomiyasu ahead of West Ham clash

Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta has spoken about the availability of Thomas Partey and Takehiro Tomiyasu for their Premier League match against West Ham on Thursday.

Speaking to reporters today, Arteta claimed both would not be involved in the London Derby.

There have been rumours on social media that Partey has returned to training and is set to make his first appearance since their 1-0 win over Manchester City on October 8.

There is also uncertainty about whether either Partey or Tomiyasu will play for the Gunners before they go away on international duty next month.

Partey is expected to feature at the Africa Cup of Nations with Ghana, while Tomiyasu is due to go away with Japan for the Asian Cup.

Arteta said: “We’re not going to have those two (Partey and Tomiyasu), then we have the suspension of Kai [Havertz].

“So I think we’re gonna have five out, but we have lots of other players willing to play.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Iwobi moves to fourth position on Nigeria’s highest capped list
Forum | 6 hours ago

EPL: Iwobi moves to fourth position on Nigeria’s highest capped list

EPL: You damaged English football – Pochettino slams VAR after Aston Villa draw
Forum | 6 hours ago

EPL: You damaged English football – Pochettino slams VAR after Aston Villa draw

EPL: Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with Aston Villa sees Arsenal qualify for Champions League
Forum | 6 hours ago

EPL: Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with Aston Villa sees Arsenal qualify for Champions League

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 17 hours ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham