Super Falcons defender Plumptre reveals Olympic ambition

Forum 4 months ago

Super Falcons defender Plumptre reveals Olympic ambition

Ashleigh Plumptre has expressed her desire to represent Nigeria at the 2024 Olympic Games.

Plumptre represented England at youth level before switching allegiance to Nigeria.

The 25-year-old has represented Nigeria at two major tournaments, namely, 2022 Women’s Africa Cup of Nations and 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup.

The centre-back, however, stated that her ultimate ambition is to play at the Olympics.

“Yes, it would be the pinnacle of my career. It makes me smile just thinking about the Olympics,” Plumptre, who plays for Saudi club Al Ittihad, told Arab News.

“I love helping people, and the only thing I was interested in at school was human biology. I was just fascinated with the human body. My dream when I was younger was to be a doctor on an Olympic team because I love the Olympics.”

The former Leicester City defender also reflected on her experience at the last World Cup, co-hosted by Australia and New Zealand.

“It was a crazy, crazy experience, but one that I will always cherish. I want to remember this for the rest of my life,” she added.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up
Forum | 1 day ago

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife
Forum | 1 day ago

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife

EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton