EPL: People want Man City to fail more than ever – Guardiola

Forum 4 months ago

EPL: People want Man City to fail more than ever – Guardiola

Manchester City manager, Pep Guardiola has claimed people want them to fail “more than ever”.

The Premier League champions lifted their fifth trophy of 2023, when they won the Club World Cup last weekend.

City thrashed Fluminense 4-0 to add the title to the Champions League, Premier League, FA Cup and European Super Cup.

No club in English football history has achieved that fear. But Guardiola won six trophies when in charge of Barcelona in 2009, when the Catalan side won La Liga, Copa del Rey, Spanish Super Cup, European Super Cup, Champions League and Club World Cup titles.

He said: “As much as you win, they want you to fail. More than ever. I felt then when we won the sextuple in Barcelona.

“It’s normal. They don’t want (us to win). In these 14-15 years what we have won, the titles, is unbelievable.

“People say ‘how good they play, how genius it is’. But they give credit just because we win. They don’t have to look further than that.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 2 days ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 2 days ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd

EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton