Why I Featured Emeka Ike In ‘Malaika’ Movie After 13 Years Break – Toyin Abraham Opens Up

Forum 4 months ago

Why I Featured Emeka Ike In ‘Malaika’ Movie After 13 Years Break – Toyin Abraham Opens Up

Popular Nigerian actress and filmmaker, Toyin Abraham, has opened up on why she decided to cast veteran actor, Emeka Ike for her new movie despite being offscreen for 13 years.

In an interview on the Your View show broadcasted on TVC on Thursday, December 21, Toyin explained that she felt it was necessary to give Emeka another opportunity in the industry.

This decision stemmed from his previous marriage controversy, which had a detrimental impact on his career.

He revealed that the turmoil in his personal life, particularly the marital issues, plunged him into depression. This emotional struggle led him to withdraw from the limelight, as he felt ashamed of the circumstances surrounding his marriage.

During the interview, the mother of one expressed her belief that the veteran actor deserved a second chance, considering the challenges he faced after being embroiled in a marital dispute with his ex-wife, Emma. Emma had accused Emeka Ike of assault and had restricted his access to their children.

In the film, Emeka Ike, who is 56 years old, portrays the character of Toyin’s husband.

Clarifying the rationale behind her decision to bring him back, Toyin said:
“I’ve been talking to Uncle Emeka since last year; I know he has been off for a long time, everything we heard; then obviously, I was not as big as this so I sent him a message.

“My manager, Otunba Seun got his number for me, and I said come back, and he said, ‘What if’…everything that happened,’ I said don’t worry, even if you did it, you have suffered enough, 13 years, it’s okay, it’s fine.

“I am not saying you did; I wasn’t there, but even if you did, it’s okay, 13 years. I don’t mind taking risks; it doesn’t matter because I see you in this role. I feel everybody deserves a second chance. It’s okay.“

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Taraba Tragedy: 12 Years Old Boy Shoots Younger Brother Dead In Jalingo
Forum | 3 days ago

Taraba Tragedy: 12 Years Old Boy Shoots Younger Brother Dead In Jalingo

28 Years Later Cast Adds Aaron Taylor Johnson & Ralph Fiennes
Forum | 3 days ago

28 Years Later Cast Adds Aaron Taylor Johnson & Ralph Fiennes

Lady Heartbroken After Finding Out That Boyfriend of 5 Years is Set to Marry Another Woman
Forum | 3 days ago

Lady Heartbroken After Finding Out That Boyfriend of 5 Years is Set to Marry Another Woman

Breaking Bad’s Anna Gunn Says People’s Attitude Toward Skyler Has Changed
Forum | 4 days ago

Breaking Bad’s Anna Gunn Says People’s Attitude Toward Skyler Has Changed