2Baba My Mentor, I Copy Him A Lot – Peruzzi

Forum 4 months ago

2Baba My Mentor, I Copy Him A Lot – Peruzzi

Nigerian singer, Peruzzi, has referred to iconic musician, Innocent Idibia, aka 2Baba, as his mentor.

Emphasizing on the ‘African Queen’ crooner’s influence on his talent, Peruzzi admitted to copying his lyrics and musical style “a lot.”

Peruzzi spoke in a recent episode of the Zero Conditions podcast on Pop Central.

He said,
“2Baba is my daddy [mentor]. I copy from him a lot. If you listened to ‘Amaka’, you’d notice I copied his verse I just changed some things on it.

“Till now, I still copy from him. I have to say the truth.”

Peruzzi also stated during the show that he is a “special” artist because he is an all-rounder.

“I can do everything when it comes to music. You’ve met every artist, they know only some things, they don’t know everything. That’s why I am special,” he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I Once Tried To Copy Beyoncé - Singer, Fireboy
Forum | 4 days ago

I Once Tried To Copy Beyoncé - Singer, Fireboy

Bobrisky: Nigeria Has Become Dumping Ground For A Lot Of Things - Foluke Daramola
Forum | 1 week ago

Bobrisky: Nigeria Has Become Dumping Ground For A Lot Of Things - Foluke Daramola

“I just wake up hear say my guy don buy private jet” — Peruzzi shocked at Davido’s recent purchase
Forum | 3 weeks ago

“I just wake up hear say my guy don buy private jet” — Peruzzi shocked at Davido’s recent purchase

EPL: He did a lot for me – Onana credits ex-Man Utd star for helping him
Forum | 3 weeks ago

EPL: He did a lot for me – Onana credits ex-Man Utd star for helping him