Burna Boy Reveals The Person That Inspired His Hit Song 'Thanks'

Forum 4 months ago

Burna Boy Reveals The Person That Inspired His Hit Song 'Thanks'

Nigerian Afrobeat singer Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu aka Burna Boy has revealed the person that inspired his hit song, 'Thanks.'

According to the singer, his grandmother is the inspiration behind the song.

‘Thanks’ is one of the tracks on the singer’s seventh studio album, “I Told Them.”

On Sunday, in a post via his official X, the singer said he recorded the song because of his grandmother, who always wanted him to come home but was quick to ask him to leave anytime he visited.

Speaking of his plans for this year’s Yuletide season, Burna Boy informed his followers that he would be spending December with his grandma.

He posted: “My grandma used to be crying for me to come back home; now she’s on edge every time I come back home and is already asking when I’m leaving.

“This is why I made ‘Thanks’. I’m rolling with only her this December for peace to reign.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race
Forum | 3 hours ago

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up
Forum | 1 day ago

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife
Forum | 1 day ago

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife