Over 10 Road Passengers Going From Abuja To Enugu Get Kidnapped

Forum 4 months ago

Over 10 Road Passengers Going From Abuja To Enugu Get Kidnapped

At least 10 passengers journeying along Ette – Umuopu Enugu-Ezike Road in the Igbo Eze North local government area of Enugu State, Southeast Nigeria, have reportedly been abducted.

According to SaharaReporters, it was gathered that the incident occurred on Wednesday evening a short distance from Umuopu community.

It was gathered that the vehicle was on its way to Enugu from Abuja when the incident occurred.

A video obtained by Anyika TV seen by SaharaReporters on Thursday shows a Peace Mass Transit van with fleet number 583 parked in the middle of the road with its doors open and windows shattered.

Some of the passengers’ goods are scattered in the vehicle and on the ground.

A male voice in the video said the attack had just occurred and that only one passenger escaped from the kidnappers.

He said the engine of the vehicle was still running.

He said all the abducted passengers and the bus driver had been taken into the bush by the kidnappers.

The narrator said some soldiers had arrived at the scene but had not entered the bush yet to try to rescue the abductees.

The narrator said in pidgin English: "Na those kidnappers, they come to my place now and scatter the Peace (Mass Transit bus), pack all the passengers and carry the driver. Even na self the motor still dey on and nobody dey inside the motor again. Na Peace they rob like this and they don't pack them enter the bush, they no dey again. Na so it happened now, now. We still dey there self (Some kidnappers just abducted the passengers of this van and its driver. They have taken them inside the bush).”

"The vehicle has passed market near express they stopped. It remain small to enter express where this happened. It dey close to Umuopu but it hasn't reach Umuopu community. These soldiers don come but never enter bush (The vehicle had passed the market and was already close to the expressway when the incident occurred. This place is close Umuopu but in the community yet. Some soldiers have come but they have not entered the bush)," the narrator added.

Meanwhile, the police in Enugu State have kept silent on the attack and abduction and efforts made by SaharaReporters to speak with the Command's spokesperson, DSP Daniel Ndukwe were unsuccessful.

Ndukwe didn't answer his calls or reply to a text message sent to him to get his comment on the incident at the time of filing this report.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
FG To Abuja-Lokoja-Benin Road Contractors: Sign Contract In Two Days Or Forfeit Job
Forum | 1 day ago

FG To Abuja-Lokoja-Benin Road Contractors: Sign Contract In Two Days Or Forfeit Job

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie
Forum | 2 days ago

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie

Abuja Panel Beater Sentenced To 3 months Imprisonment Over Theft Of Customer’s Car
Forum | 3 days ago

Abuja Panel Beater Sentenced To 3 months Imprisonment Over Theft Of Customer’s Car

Another Victim Of Abuja School Bullying Surfaces, Seeks Redress
Forum | 3 days ago

Another Victim Of Abuja School Bullying Surfaces, Seeks Redress