I Want to Learn How to Make Amapiano Songs - Rema

Forum 4 months ago

I Want to Learn How to Make Amapiano Songs - Rema

Nigerian singer, Rema has indicated interest to learn how to make Amapiano songs.

He made the revelation in a recent interview.

Amapiano is a style of house music that emerged in South Africa in 2012. It combines deep house, jazz, lounge music, and wide percussive basslines.

Speaking in a recent Apple Music podcast, Rema said he is interested in making Amapiano music but needs time to learn it.

He said:

“I feel like tapping into a sound, most especially when it is within Africa; I take my time to study. I don’t jump on the wave, I take my time to understand things. When me and Musa Keys were in the studio, I was like, ‘I know a lot of Nigerians are doing Amapiano but I need you to educate me about Amapiano. I do not want to hop on it. Yes, I can make a banger, but it is like can you teach me?'” he said.

“When I hear the ones from South Africa, it holds more spirit than the ones from anywhere else. Although I do not understand everything they are saying, I can feel the particles, the elements or the spiritual essence of the music. I know there is a lot of Amapiano from different parts of Africa, but educate me about yours, right? I feel like that’s necessary. I am so down to collaborate, and while I collaborate, I want to learn; I do not want to do it the wrong way. Yes, Amapiano is a sound I want to tap into but give me time with that!”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani
Forum | 3 days ago

Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star
Forum | 5 days ago

FA Cup: ‘You want him in front of goal’ – Lampard hails Chelsea star

NEC Meeting: Nigerians Want PDP to Rescue Them From APC – BoT Chair, Wabara
Forum | 1 week ago

NEC Meeting: Nigerians Want PDP to Rescue Them From APC – BoT Chair, Wabara

I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out
Forum | 1 week ago

I Didn’t Make A Penny At My Last Show Because People Were Scared Of Spraying Money — Rapper Speed Darlington Cries Out