How A Fake Soldier Met His Waterloo, Bagged 6 Months’ Jail Term In Abuja

Forum 4 months ago

How A Fake Soldier Met His Waterloo, Bagged 6 Months’ Jail Term In Abuja

On Thursday, December 13, a Grade I Area Court in Dei-Dei, Abuja sentenced a 31-year-old man Lawal Babangida to six months imprisonment for impersonating a military officer.

The court charged Babangida, who lives in Tungamaji village Abuja with impersonation, criminal intimidation, and extortion.

The convict, however, pleaded guilty to the charge and begged the court for leniency.

“Please forgive me, my lord, I plead for mercy, sir. I will not commit any crime again’’ Babangida said.

The Area Court judge, Saminu Suleiman thereafter, gave the convict an option of N6,000 fine, warning him to desist from committing a crime after serving their punishment.

Earlier, the prosecutor, Mr Chinedu Ogada, informed the court that on Nov. 11 the complainant Usman Zaiyanu of Tomato Junction Zuba Abuja reported the matter at Zuba Police Station.

Ogade noted that on the same date at about 9:30 pm, the convict approached the complainant at Zuba Tomato Junction and introduced himself as a military officer.

The prosecutor told the court that the convict criminally threatened the complainant and stole his cell phone and N10,000 cash, saying that the convict made confessional statements during police investigations

He said the offence contravened Sections 132, 321 and 292 of the Penal Code.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Abuja Panel Beater Sentenced To 3 months Imprisonment Over Theft Of Customer’s Car
Forum | 2 days ago

Abuja Panel Beater Sentenced To 3 months Imprisonment Over Theft Of Customer’s Car

Another Victim Of Abuja School Bullying Surfaces, Seeks Redress
Forum | 2 days ago

Another Victim Of Abuja School Bullying Surfaces, Seeks Redress

Chioma Adeleke Opens Up On How She Met Her Husband, Davido
Forum | 4 days ago

Chioma Adeleke Opens Up On How She Met Her Husband, Davido

Panic As Bandits Invade Abuja Community, Kidnap Five
Forum | 4 days ago

Panic As Bandits Invade Abuja Community, Kidnap Five