Photo of Bouncer Stabbed to Death by Soldier at a Nightclub in Rivers

Forum 4 months ago

Photo of Bouncer Stabbed to Death by Soldier at a Nightclub in Rivers

A bouncer by name, Kingsley Abbey has been stabbed to death at a nightclub in Bonny Island, Bonny Local Government Area of Rivers State.

It was gathered that the young man was killed by a yet-to-be identified Nigerian soldier.

Trouble started when the bouncer identified as Kingsley Abbey, conducted a routine search on the soldier at the entrance of the club on Monday night, December 11, 2023, and reportedly found a dagger on him. 

On the discovery, Abbey refused the soldier entry into the club, leading to an argument.

The soldier was said to have reached for the dagger and allegedly stabbed the father of four. 

The wife of the victim, Diepreye Abbey, said after she received news of the incident, she started going from one hospital to another and found him dead. 

“We were checking all the hospitals to find out where they kept him but we didn’t see him. At last, there is a place called Macurly, that is where I found him. When I got there my husband was already dead,” she said.

"I started crying and I asked what happened. They now told me that a uniformed man came to the club where he was working.

"As he was searching him, checking him all around, he said you cannot enter. From there the problem started. They said the man stabbed him,” even as the mother of four insisted on justice for her late husband.

"I need justice for my husband. I have four children. Who will train them? I’m not working for now. I need justice.”

A spokesperson for the Rivers State Police Command, SP Grace Iringe-Koko, who confirmed the incident, said the investigation had commenced to ascertain what happened and to identify the suspect.

“Yes I can confirm the incident from what the Divisional Police Officer told me. But the identity of the person who stabbed him is unknown.  The investigation is ongoing to verify the identity of the person who committed the crime. Once we can get the identity of the person, we will take it up from there and ensure that the necessary procedure is followed,” she added. 

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Photo Of Two Men Who Were Nabbed For Kidnapping, Robbery Of Female Pastor In Edo
Forum | 1 day ago

Photo Of Two Men Who Were Nabbed For Kidnapping, Robbery Of Female Pastor In Edo

Rapper Sentenced to Death for Supporting Anti-Hijab Protest
Forum | 1 day ago

Rapper Sentenced to Death for Supporting Anti-Hijab Protest

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama
Forum | 2 days ago

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama

Tragedy As Five Children Suffocate To Death Inside Packed Car In Niger State
Forum | 4 days ago

Tragedy As Five Children Suffocate To Death Inside Packed Car In Niger State