UCL: Arteta reveals why he snubbed Arsenal youngsters in 1-1 draw at PSV

Forum 4 months ago

UCL: Arteta reveals why he snubbed Arsenal youngsters in 1-1 draw at PSV

Arsenal manager, Mikel Arteta has explained why he did not play any of the youngsters in the squad, as they were held to a 1-1 draw by PSV in the Champions League on Tuesday night.

The Gunners had already qualified as group leaders with one game to spare.

But Arteta chose not to introduce any of Ethan Nwaneri, Lino Sousa and Reuell Walters in Eindhoven.

Arteta made eight changes to his starting XI, with Nwaneri, Sousa and Walters on the bench.

Fans expecting to see the Academy stars feature were left disappointed.

“I don’t think it was the right context. Making eight changes already, to throw them in there against a team that hasn’t lost at home in nearly two years, I didn’t think it was the right moment.

“I wanted to see how the game developed, but it was too much I think for them and as well we had three little issues, and we had to play the subs, and we had no room because we really wanted to play Emile as well,” Arteta said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up
Forum | 1 day ago

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife
Forum | 1 day ago

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife

Furiosa: Anya Taylor-Joy Reveals Advice She Received From Fury Road Star
Forum | 3 days ago

Furiosa: Anya Taylor-Joy Reveals Advice She Received From Fury Road Star