Serie A: Osimhen forgives Napoli for TikTok controversy

Forum 4 months ago

Serie A: Osimhen forgives Napoli for TikTok controversy

Nigeria forward Victor Osimhen claimed he has put the TikTok row with Napoli behind him.

The 24-year-old was mocked in a video published by the club’s official TikTok account for missing a penalty in the 0-0 draw against Bologna in September.

The striker’s agent Roberto Calenda threatened legal action against Napoli at that time.

Osimhen posited that TikTok chaos was a ‘stupid error’ and insisted neither the club nor President Aurelio De Laurentiis treated him badly.

“I must clarify something,” the former Lille star told the media after being crowned African Player of the Year.

“I was not treated badly by Napoli or De Laurentiis. I’m sorry to say this word, but it was a stupid error from somebody who thought he could use a thing like that to joke at a crucial moment.

“I was certainly not happy, but De Laurentiis, his son Edoardo and many at the club have supported me,” the striker continued.

“They explained the situation, and even the person responsible for it was really nice to me. That was the most important thing. I spoke to that person and he proved to be deeply sorry. Everything has been solved, so I am happy with them. Now I look to the future to leave it behind. This story belongs to the past.”

Osimhen has scored six goals in 14 appearances for the Serie A champions.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Serie A: Inter Milan defeat AC Milan to clinch 20th title
Forum | 4 days ago

Serie A: Inter Milan defeat AC Milan to clinch 20th title

Premier League suits my style more than Serie A – Lookman
Forum | 1 week ago

Premier League suits my style more than Serie A – Lookman

TikToker Claims Alex Unusual Is Pregnant With AY Makun’s Child
Forum | 2 weeks ago

TikToker Claims Alex Unusual Is Pregnant With AY Makun’s Child