Mercy Johnson, Steph-Nora Instrumental In My Acting Career – Actor Yemi Blaq

Forum 4 months ago

Mercy Johnson, Steph-Nora Instrumental In My Acting Career – Actor Yemi Blaq

Nollywood actor, Yemi Blaq has shared details how his acting career kicked off.

According to him, popular actresses, Steph-Nora Okere and Mercy Johnson were instrumental to his success in the film industry.

He said Steph-Nora hosted him when he first moved to Lagos, adding that she explained how Nollywood works as well as the things he needed to do to stay relevant.

Speaking on how Mercy Johnson helped him, Yemi said when he first joined Nollywood, he used to keep long hair, but she advised him to cut it for a movie role because he got a rare opportunity.

Yemi Blaq said: “The people who helped me while I was coming up were Steph-Nora Okere. She showed me the ropes. She was a good host when I came to Lagos. She told me some things about the industry and how to comport myself. I will also say Meg Video Links gave me the chance to play my lead role. Apart from that, other people gave me chances in their movies.

“I will also say Mercy Johnson (helped me in my early years in the industry). Then, I used to spot long hair and Meg asked me if I wanted to cut my hair for a role and I went to ask her (Mercy), and she advised me to cut it. She said people have been in the industry for so long and they are looking for the opportunity that I have.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Moana 2: Dwayne Johnson Shares BTS Images, Teases ‘New Journeys’
Forum | 10 hours ago

Moana 2: Dwayne Johnson Shares BTS Images, Teases ‘New Journeys’

Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update
Forum | 1 day ago

Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday
Forum | 1 day ago

You Bring So Much Joy, Into My World - Actor Browny Igboegwu Celebrates Wife on Her Birthday

28 Years Later Cast Adds Aaron Taylor Johnson & Ralph Fiennes
Forum | 1 day ago

28 Years Later Cast Adds Aaron Taylor Johnson & Ralph Fiennes