EPL: Why I snubbed Arsenal coaches after 1-0 win – Aston Villa coach, Unai Emery

Forum 4 months ago

EPL: Why I snubbed Arsenal coaches after 1-0 win – Aston Villa coach, Unai Emery

Aston Villa manager Unai Emery has explained why he snubbed Arsenal coaches after they won 1-0 on Saturday.

John McGinn scored the only goal as Villa defeated Emery’s former club.

Gunners boss, Mikel Arteta served a touchline ban for the game and in his absence assistant Albert Stuivenberg was in the dugout with information relayed down to him from the directors box via coach Carlos Cuesta, who had an earpiece.

At full-time, Emery snubbed the customary handshake and opted to celebrate with Villa supporters near the touchline.

When asked about the handshake snub and whether he approached any of Arsenal’s staff at full-time, Emery said: “No, because Arteta wasn’t on the bench.

“I gave my hand to the workers inside because they were there when I was there, but only with the people I coached with and who worked with me.

“There was nothing personal. It was because it wasn’t Arteta. I respect a lot Arsenal and Arteta. I respect a lot the workers there. I have nothing negative against them.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 10 hours ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club
Forum | 10 hours ago

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag
Forum | 10 hours ago

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 10 hours ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag