Bandits Kill One, Kidnap Eight in Niger, Demand N17m Ransom

Forum 4 months ago

Bandits Kill One, Kidnap Eight in Niger, Demand N17m Ransom

Bandits have attacked a community in Niger State.

The armed men allegedly killed one person and kidnapped no fewer than eight others during the attack.

They are now demanding N17 million in ransom.

The incident was said to have occurred between Luma and Babanna on Saturday in the council.

According to reports, the victims were attacked while returning from the installation of the Chairman of Borgu Kingmakers and Chief Priest Bakarabonde.

It was gathered that the driver of the vehicle conveying them was shot dead and the vehicle set ablaze before the eight other travellers were whisked away.

Confirming the incident, the Chairman of Borgu LG, Alh. Sulaiman Yerima, described the incident as painful and an unfortunate development, adding that the bandits have made contact and are asking for N17 million in ransom.

He explained that the council had reported the incident to the state Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftain Affairs, who will, in turn, communicate it to all relevant authorities in the state.

According to Yerima, “the bandits have made contact demanding for the sum of N17m ransom. The question is, where will I get N17m from now?

“I advise drivers travelling on the roads in the local government to be on the alert, particularly those plying the roads in the night. I advise them to speak with the local vigilantes of the council to help provide them with adequate security during such journeys.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 1 day ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

Commotion As Bandits Strike Again, Kill Four, Abduct Six In Zamfara
Forum | 1 day ago

Commotion As Bandits Strike Again, Kill Four, Abduct Six In Zamfara

Residents Flee As Soldiers Leave Niger Community After Deadly Ambush
Forum | 1 day ago

Residents Flee As Soldiers Leave Niger Community After Deadly Ambush

How Police Nabbed Kidnappers Who Killed Victim After Collecting N3m Ransom In Jigawa
Forum | 1 day ago

How Police Nabbed Kidnappers Who Killed Victim After Collecting N3m Ransom In Jigawa