Real Madrid’s Jude Bellingham names player who had biggest influence on his career

Forum 4 months ago

Real Madrid’s Jude Bellingham names player who had biggest influence on his career

Real Madrid ace Jude Bellingham has named Manchester United legend Wayne Rooney as the player who had the biggest influence on his career while growing up as a young footballer.

Bellingham spoke on Monday after picking up the coveted Golden Boy award in Turin, Italy.

Speaking at the awards ceremony, Bellingham said: “I can’t be more grateful to all the people I have met along the way to help get me to the point I am at now.

“I think Wayne Rooney was probably my biggest influence growing up, obviously being from England and the way he played, the way he fought, but there are so many other players that I have taken bits from.”

“I’m really grateful for everything football has given me so far in my life and the support from my family to keep playing and keep enjoying it has been huge,” he added.

Bellingham has been impressive since joining Real Madrid from Dortmund this year.

The England international has scored 15 goals in all competitions so far for Madrid, breaking Cristiano Ronaldo’s record for the most goals scored in a player’s first 15 games at Los Blancos.

Meanwhile, Manchester City’s Erling Haaland beat Lionel Messi to claim the Golden Player Man award for his stunning exploits that helped Pep Guardiola’s side win a treble last season.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
LaLiga: Ancelotti opens up on future of Real Madrid’s wonderkid, Arda Guler
Forum | 19 hours ago

LaLiga: Ancelotti opens up on future of Real Madrid’s wonderkid, Arda Guler

EPL: John Terry names four toughest strikers he faced during his career
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: John Terry names four toughest strikers he faced during his career

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves
Forum | 6 days ago

EPL: ‘He was outstanding’ – Arteta names player that helped Arsenal beat Wolves

EPL: Arsenal’s biggest win of season – Redknapp reacts to 2-0 victory over Wolves
Forum | 6 days ago

EPL: Arsenal’s biggest win of season – Redknapp reacts to 2-0 victory over Wolves