Transfer: Osimhen perfect for Chelsea – Zola

Forum 4 months ago

Transfer: Osimhen perfect for Chelsea – Zola

Chelsea legend, Gianfranco Zola says Victor Osimhen will do well at his former club in case he joins the London club next summer.

Osimhen has been heavily linked with the Blues who are in need of attacking reinforcement.

The 24-year-old has expressed his love for former Chelsea striker, Didier Drogba and is open to joining Chelsea.

A move to Stamford Bridge is highly unlikely in January, but Chelsea could swoop for the Nigerian next summer.

Zola stated that Osimhen has what it takes to be a success in the Premier League.

“I rate him as one of the top strikers around at the moment, for his energy, for his ability to score and also play with the opposition. I’m sure he can be a success in the Premier League as well for sure,” Zola told Obionepodcast.

“Of course the way, you know for what I see with Chelsea I think a player with this quality will do very well.

“He will change a lot of things for Chelsea to the positive in my opinion but again as I said I truly believe that it was a right thing to stay again one more year with Napoli.”

Osimhen will have one year left on his Napoli contract by next summer.

The former Lille player is yet to sign a new contract and the Serie A champions could be forced to sell him at the end of this season.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Wolves table €12m bid for Osayi-Samuel
Forum | 1 day ago

Transfer: Wolves table €12m bid for Osayi-Samuel

EPL: They’ll be too good – Chris Sutton predicts Chelsea vs Aston Villa
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: They’ll be too good – Chris Sutton predicts Chelsea vs Aston Villa

Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer
Forum | 3 days ago

Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer