EPL: It’s a mindset – Jorginho warns Arsenal players after 2-1 win over Wolves

Forum 4 months ago

EPL: It’s a mindset – Jorginho warns Arsenal players after 2-1 win over Wolves

Arsenal midfielder, Jorginho has warned his team-mates to become more ruthless and goal hungry after they beat Wolves 2-1 over the weekend.

The Gunners scored twice in the opening 13 minutes of the Premier League clash and looked to go on and win comfortably.

However, they failed to add more goals and ended up facing a nervy nine minutes after Matheus Cunha pulled one back in the 87th minute.

“It is a mindset to be honest because you have the game completely under control and all of a sudden you stop doing the simple things that you need to keep doing.

“The game looks easy and then you start to play around, trying to enjoy the ball but at the end we need to put in our mind that we enjoy scoring goals and not just playing around and bringing pressure and situations that we don’t need.

“Yes, I think we need to be more ruthless, especially in the Premier League, the game is never finished. When it is 1-0, 2-0 you have to think you need three, four and respect the game,” Jorginho said.

Arsenal remain top of the table for a second consecutive week, above title rivals, Liverpool and Manchester City.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash
Forum | 10 mins ago

EPL: Harry Redknapp gives surprise prediction for Tottenham vs Arsenal clash

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race
Forum | 12 mins ago

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race

EPL: ‘I don’t write it off’ – Klopp on Liverpool winning title
Forum | 14 mins ago

EPL: ‘I don’t write it off’ – Klopp on Liverpool winning title