Pochettino reacts to Fernandez’s goals, reveals what he told Chelsea players at half-time against Brighton

Forum 4 months ago

Pochettino reacts to Fernandez’s goals, reveals what he told Chelsea players at half-time against Brighton

Chelsea manager, Mauricio Pochettino has reacted to midfielder, Enzo Fernandez’s two goals against Brighton in Sunday’s Premier League clash.

Pochettino also revealed what he told his Chelsea players at half-time against Brighton.

A brace from Fernandez and a goal from Levi Colwill gave Chelsea a 3-2 win over Brighton at Stamford Bridge.

Speaking at his post-match interview, Pochettino said,

“I’m so proud of the players and the character they showed. I told them at half-time I was happy because it was a great opportunity for us, a massive challenge.

“We needed to show that we are a team.”

Speaking about Fernandez’s goals, the former Tottenham coach added, “It is important that different players can score. For Enzo, it was his first and second goal in the Premier League. We are always talking about confidence, it is important that they are building that confidence.

“Players always need six months or one season to start to show their real quality, why is it going to be different at Chelsea? I am so happy that different players could score goals, to help the team.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Carragher reveals ‘only reason’ Salah clashed with Klopp against West Ham
Forum | 4 hours ago

EPL: Carragher reveals ‘only reason’ Salah clashed with Klopp against West Ham

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race
Forum | 12 hours ago

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race

EPL: They’ll be too good – Chris Sutton predicts Chelsea vs Aston Villa
Forum | 13 hours ago

EPL: They’ll be too good – Chris Sutton predicts Chelsea vs Aston Villa

This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com
Forum | 1 day ago

This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com