Why I Killed Retired Head Teacher After Stealing Her Phone — Teenager Confesses In Court

Forum 4 months ago

Why I Killed Retired Head Teacher After Stealing Her Phone — Teenager Confesses In Court

Mubarak Akadiri, an 18-year-old boy, who killed a 62-year-old retired head teacher, Mrs Sidikat Adamolekun, after stealing her phone valued at N66,000, has confessed.

He explained how the incident happened.

Mubarak, 18, who is also the son of the victim’s housemaid, spoke when he was arraigned before a magistrate court in Akure, the capital of Ondo State.

Although his plea was not taken, he was charged with a single count of murder.

According to him, he repeatedly hit the deceased’s head with a wooden stool when she caught him stealing her phone.

He said: “As usual, I went to the house to work and I later came back to steal her Samsung phone. But she caught me after I stole the phone. So, she held me. In an attempt to escape, I used a wooden stool to hit her head, but the old woman kept shouting for help. Thereafter, I hit her repeatedly on the head until she fell and died.”

Meanwhile, the police prosecutor, Simon Wada, told the court to remand the defendant at the Olokuta Correctional Centre pending advice from the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP).

The Magistrate, Damilola Sekoni, ordered Akadiri remanded at the Olokuta Correctional Centre pending the outcome of the DPP’s advice and adjourned the case until March 15, 2024, for mentioning.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She
Forum | 19 hours ago

Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking to Remove Hannatu Musawa As Minister as She's a Serving NYSC Member

How Police Nabbed Kidnappers Who Killed Victim After Collecting N3m Ransom In Jigawa
Forum | 1 day ago

How Police Nabbed Kidnappers Who Killed Victim After Collecting N3m Ransom In Jigawa

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC
Forum | 2 days ago

Stop Intimidating Me, Obey Court Orders - Yahaya Bello Tells EFCC

Court Fixes May 17 To Rule On Detained Binance Executive
Forum | 2 days ago

Court Fixes May 17 To Rule On Detained Binance Executive's Request For Bail