Drama As NDLEA Nabs Indian Hemp Farmer In Sokoto

Forum 4 months ago

Drama As NDLEA Nabs Indian Hemp Farmer In Sokoto

On Friday, December 1, one Anas Sani, 32, was arrested by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, Sokoto State office, after being discovered to be an Indian hemp farmer in the state.

The agency’s state Commander,  Iro Adamu, in his remarks, said the discovery was made last Friday night at the Sanyinna area in Tambuwal Local Government Area of the state, following an intelligence report.

“It was planted on the maize farm so that only experts could understand what it is.

“It was a foreign variety which is very effective and costly,” he said

Adamu noted that this was the first time such a farm was discovered in the state, which he said, called for a rigorous campaign and patrol to discourage locals from venturing into the unlawful business.

The suspect,  a father of two, while speaking with newsmen, said he learnt the business while owning a provision shop in Lagos State.

“I am a first-timer in the business. I learnt it while living in Lagos and decided to give it a trial in my hometown of Sanyinna.

“My elder brother tried his best to discourage me but I ignored his advice.

“I thank God that I am arrested before starting reaping of my benefit business.

“I am ready to face the consequences of my action because it will discourage others who are interested in the business,” he said

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
At the Sea: Amy Adams Will Star in New Drama Movie From Pieces of a Woman Director
Forum | 2 days ago

At the Sea: Amy Adams Will Star in New Drama Movie From Pieces of a Woman Director

Drama As Woman Seizes Debtor’s Generator After Bumping Into Her At A Burial
Forum | 2 days ago

Drama As Woman Seizes Debtor’s Generator After Bumping Into Her At A Burial

Drama As Adeleke’s Two Wives Print Separate Posters To Welcome First Lady, Remi Tinubu
Forum | 3 days ago

Drama As Adeleke’s Two Wives Print Separate Posters To Welcome First Lady, Remi Tinubu

Calabasas: Netflix Nabs Rights to Teen Series From Kim Kardashian & Emma Roberts
Forum | 4 days ago

Calabasas: Netflix Nabs Rights to Teen Series From Kim Kardashian & Emma Roberts