EPL: It’s completely unfair – Pochettino defends Chelsea duo

Forum 4 months ago

EPL: It’s completely unfair – Pochettino defends Chelsea duo

Chelsea boss, Mauricio Pochettino has defended the club’s summer signings Moises Caicedo and Robert Sanchez as they prepare to face their former club Brighton in a Premier League tie on Sunday.

Chelsea broke the British transfer record to beat Premier League rival Liverpool to buy Caicedo while Sanchez cost £25 million.

Neither Caicedo nor Sanchez has been able to replicate the form they regularly displayed during their time at Brighton.

However, Pochettino believes it is ‘unfair’ to make comparisons given the level of upheaval at Chelsea.

Speaking during his pre-match press conference on Friday ahead of Chelsea’s clash with Brighton, Pochettino said: “I think it is a process also.

“I think the problem is the temptation is to compare a player from one season to another when it is not fair. Different environment, different moment and how the situation is now.

“I think if you talk about Robert the last three or four months he didn’t play and then arrived in the transfer window and also Moises arrived when we were already playing games in the Premier League with no pre-season with all the emotional situation that happened with him.

“Then he got injured playing for the national team, he is then travelling every single month, not time to rest and recover.

“It is completely unfair to compare players from one season to another and we of course have no doubt they are going to perform in the way we expect.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 10 hours ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club
Forum | 10 hours ago

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag
Forum | 11 hours ago

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 11 hours ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag