I went to lesser league – Messi opens up on move from PSG to Inter Miami

Forum 4 months ago

I went to lesser league – Messi opens up on move from PSG to Inter Miami

Inter Miami forward, Lionel Messi has admitted that the Major League Soccer (MLS) is a “lesser” league.

In an interview with StarPlus, he also noted that his playing level could be affected by the MLS schedule.

However, Messi insisted that at 36, he felt the opportunity best suited both him and his family.

Inter Miami forward, Lionel Messi has admitted that the Major League Soccer (MLS) is a “lesser” league.

In an interview with StarPlus, he also noted that his playing level could be affected by the MLS schedule.

However, Messi insisted that at 36, he felt the opportunity best suited both him and his family.

“I said it several times and it is a reality: I will always try to compete to the maximum and I am the first to know when I can be there and when I can’t.

“I am also aware that I went to a lesser league, but a lot happens because of the personal and the way one faces it and competes.

“As long as I feel that I’m fine and I can continue contributing, I’m going to do it [represent the national team],” Messi said.

Since arriving in America, Messi has won the inaugural Leagues Cup and the Golden Boot of the tournament.

The Argentina captain joined Inter Miami as a free agent from Paris Saint-Germain this summer, snubbing a return to Barcelona and offers to play in Saudi Arabia.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 23 hours ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag

LaLiga: Ancelotti opens up on future of Real Madrid’s wonderkid, Arda Guler
Forum | 1 day ago

LaLiga: Ancelotti opens up on future of Real Madrid’s wonderkid, Arda Guler

Anne Hathaway Opens up About ‘Gross’ Early 2000s Chemistry Tests
Forum | 5 days ago

Anne Hathaway Opens up About ‘Gross’ Early 2000s Chemistry Tests