Late Sylvester Oromoni's Family Insists On Justice As His Body Remains In Morgue 2 years After His Demise

Forum 4 months ago

Late Sylvester Oromoni's Family Insists On Justice As His Body Remains In Morgue 2 years After His Demise

The bereaved father of Sylvester Oromoni Junior is still seeking justice, two years after the late Dowen student's tragic passing.

The father, in an interview with journalists on Wednesday, Nov. 29, vowed to pursue the case of his late son to a logical conclusion.

He noted that Thursday, November 30, 2023, will mark two years of his son’s death.

He said,
“I am compelled to take this step as a means to seeking justice, two years since my son has been in the morgue.

“As the father of the deceased, I cannot be tired or discouraged from pursuing justice, as I have promised my son to get him justice, even if it will take 30 years to achieve it.

“Thursday, November 30, 2023, makes it two years since the demise of my son and the body is still in the morgue, yet to be buried.

“May the soul of Sylvester Oromoni (Jnr.) and all departed souls rest in perfect peace. Amen.”

Oromoni Junior died on November 30, 2021, after he was alleged to have been beaten by five of his colleagues.

Dowen College dismissed the claim and said that the boy sustained injuries playing football with his friends.

In January 2022, an initial autopsy declared that Oromoni died of “acute lung injury due to chemical intoxication” but the result was later discredited.

The Department of Public Prosecution (DPP) in Lagos released a second result ruling that Oromoni died naturally.

The case has been in court since 2022 and the bereaved family is vowing to pursue the matter up to the apex court.

Oromoni’s mother has said that her son had no health challenges before the Dowen incident.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Illbliss Remembers Late Indigenous Rapper, Dagrin
Forum | 1 day ago

Illbliss Remembers Late Indigenous Rapper, Dagrin

Lateef Adedimeji Recounts Grass-to-Grace Journey, Inspires Many
Forum | 2 days ago

Lateef Adedimeji Recounts Grass-to-Grace Journey, Inspires Many

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie
Forum | 2 days ago

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie

Tacha Lambasts Nigerians For Seeking Justice For Bullied Schoolgirl
Forum | 2 days ago

Tacha Lambasts Nigerians For Seeking Justice For Bullied Schoolgirl