You Will Never Earn The Right To Call Me By My Name — Actress Shaffy Bello Speaks On How She Feels When Young People Address Her By First Name (Video)

Forum 4 months ago

You Will Never Earn The Right To Call Me By My Name — Actress Shaffy Bello Speaks On How She Feels When Young People Address Her By First Name (Video)

Nigerian actress and singer, Shaffy Bello has opened up on how she handles younger people who address her by her first name.

She shared this in a Podcast episode with TV host, Stephanie Coker.

Stephanie had expressed distaste for younger ones addressing her by just her name, or referring to her as ''dear'', claiming that it reeks of disrespect.

She asked Shaffy Bello if she felt the same since she was considerably older than her.

Shaffy Bello replied in the affirmative, adding that whenever younger ones do that, she is always quick to correct them.

She admitted that sometimes it might be due to upbringing or even tribal differences but she always makes sure to correct them in love.

In her words;

“Usually my response is very simple and I say it with love.

I call them and pull them closer and say, you haven’t earned the right to call me by name.

I have a child as old as you are and even if I don’t have children, you haven’t earned the right and you will never earn that right at your age to call me by name

The actress also added that asides younger people addressing her by her first name, she can’t stand them waving at her in form of greeting.

Watch Video Below;

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Lagos Workers Now Earn Minimum Of N70,000 Since January – Governor Sanwo-Olu Says
Forum | 22 hours ago

Lagos Workers Now Earn Minimum Of N70,000 Since January – Governor Sanwo-Olu Says

Yahaya Bello Given Privileges Bobrisky Was Denied – Bwala
Forum | 22 hours ago

Yahaya Bello Given Privileges Bobrisky Was Denied – Bwala

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 1 day ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up
Forum | 1 day ago

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up