Transfer: Osimhen would be perfect fit for Real Madrid – Zola

Forum 4 months ago

Transfer: Osimhen would be perfect fit for Real Madrid – Zola

Former Italy midfielder Gianfranco Zola believes Victor Osimhen would be an ideal signing for Real Madrid.

Osimhen has been linked with a move away from Napoli, with Zola’s former club, Chelsea, reportedly leading the race.

The Nigeria international will have one year remaining on his contract by next summer, and Napoli may be forced to sell him.

Real Madrid lost their talismanic striker Karim Benzema in the summer, with the Frenchman moving to Saudi Arabia following the expiration of his contract.

Another Frenchman, Kylian Mbappe, is reportedly Los Blancos’ target, but Zola advised the LaLiga giants to make Osimhen their priority signing.

“There are many big names such as Mbappe, Erling Haaland, and even Osimhen, who I see as a perfect fit for Real Madrid. Mbappe is slightly different from Haaland, and I don’t think Manchester City will let Haaland leave easily,” Zola was quoted by Football Italia.

“I might choose Mbappe, given his talent and personality, he is the right fit, but he is more of a winger than a striker, so in my opinion Haaland or Osimhen would be better as they are classic centre forwards. Every coach has his own vision.”

Osimhen was in action for Napoli against Real Madrid in a UEFA Champions clash on Wednesday night.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Transfer: Wolves table €12m bid for Osayi-Samuel
Forum | 10 hours ago

Transfer: Wolves table €12m bid for Osayi-Samuel

LaLiga: Ancelotti opens up on future of Real Madrid’s wonderkid, Arda Guler
Forum | 10 hours ago

LaLiga: Ancelotti opens up on future of Real Madrid’s wonderkid, Arda Guler

Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer
Forum | 2 days ago

Transfer: Iheanacho tipped to leave Leicester City this summer