I Started Drinking Alcohol In 2021 For Fun – Teni

Forum 4 months ago

I Started Drinking Alcohol In 2021 For Fun – Teni

Nigerian singer/songwriter, Teniola Apata has disclosed that she only started taking alcohol in 2021.

She made this known when she turned down a host’s offer of a drink during a recent episode of the well-liked Zero Conditions Podcast.

She said that she had stopped drinking in response to the host’s startled question, explaining that it wasn’t hard because she had only started in 2021.

She said:

“I began drinking in 2021. I’m a naturally adventurous person. I’ve been in this industry for six years without drinking or smoking. I started drinking for fun, and the first time was in Lagos.

“At home, I thought, ‘You guys are always getting drunk, what does it feel like? Let me just try it.’ So, I drank Henny, but I didn’t get drunk. I was waiting for it to happen, but it didn’t, so I just went to sleep. Everybody was like, ‘Aaah, Teni.’”

Teni went on to say that despite constant pressure to abstain from alcohol, she managed to avoid it while attending the University of Georgia in the United States.

“I didn’t drink while I was in school. Do you know what school I went to? The University of Georgia, it’s a football school, and there’s a lot of pressure to drink, but I didn’t. I only ever do what I want to do. In all the videos and skits where I hold a cup, it’s usually juice or water,”
the singer added.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
FUNAI extends sales of PG form deadline, 2023/2024
Forum | 2 days ago

FUNAI extends sales of PG form deadline, 2023/2024

Inside Out 2 Cut a Shame Emotion Character: ‘It Was Not Fun to Watch’
Forum | 5 days ago

Inside Out 2 Cut a Shame Emotion Character: ‘It Was Not Fun to Watch’

Oh What Fun Cast: Felicity Jones Joins Amazon’s Holiday Comedy Movie
Forum | 1 week ago