We Lack Exceptional Actors - Yul Edochie Reveals What Is Wrong With Nollywood

Forum 4 months ago

We Lack Exceptional Actors - Yul Edochie Reveals What Is Wrong With Nollywood

Controversial actor Yul Edochie has revealed that Nollywood is starved of exceptional actors.

This is as he blamed certain movie producers as being responsible for the problem.

According to him, producers give roles to up-coming actors based on influence and not competence and hard work. 

Speaking at the Kogi Blazing Mic Talent Hunt in Lokoja organised by Majesty International Academy in collaboration with Black Wall Street, on Saturday, Edochie expressed concerns over the development.

Edochie argued that some producers mislead underperforming actors by not providing honest feedback.

He stressed on the importance of truth in nurturing talent, sharing a personal experience of facing rejection in 2005 but using it as motivation to improve.

“We lack exceptional actors today because some Nollywood producers and filmmakers have failed to be honest with upcoming talents,” said Edochie.

“I insist on being genuine in my work. In the past, I faced rejection and felt disheartened, but I worked hard to reach where I am today. Upcoming actors need to invest in self-improvement.”

Edochie pointed out the prevalence of dishonesty in the industry, leading to a below average productions.

He stressed that featuring artists solely based on influence rather than performance is detrimental to Nollywood’s growth, and he pledged to maintain high standards in his own productions.

“I’m strict about this job. If you don’t perform well, I won’t hesitate to replace you. We need to prioritize the best for our Nollywood industry. It’s unhealthy to feature underperforming artists due to influence. This practice must cease for our industry to compete globally,” Edochie emphasised.

Encouraging upcoming artists, Edochie urged them to identify their strengths for success in the industry.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race
Forum | 2 hours ago

EPL: Arteta reveals what Wenger told him about title race

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up
Forum | 1 day ago

Actress Tolulope Onamade Reveals How She Was Nearly Used for Rituals After Joining Friends for Hook-up

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert
Forum | 1 day ago

Davido Reveals Huge Amount He Made From His Sold Out Concert at Madison Square Concert

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife
Forum | 1 day ago

Erigga Reveals How to Detect a Street Wife