Burna Boy Got $5m Advance Payment From Record Label – Rapper Phenom (Video)

Forum 4 months ago

Burna Boy Got $5m Advance Payment From Record Label – Rapper Phenom (Video)

Nigerian hip-hop artiste Phenom has made a shocking revelation.

He claimed that Grammy-winning singer Burna Boy received a $5 million advance payment before signing a recording deal with American record label Atlantic Records in 2017.

He claimed that Nigerian-American music executive Matthew ‘Baus’ Adesuyan, the owner of Bad Habit, an imprint of Atlantic Records, to which Burna Boy is signed, facilitated the payment.

The ‘Murder Dem’ crooner disclosed this in the latest episode of The Yarns podcast.

He also stated that he would return to rapping if presented with a $1 million advance payment offer from any record label.

He said, “If you really want someone like me to rap, give me $1 million. Lock me up in the studio. Those rapping in America, they [music executives] give them big contracts. Even before Burna Boy made a comeback to music, the guy that gave him the connection to Atlantic Records [Matthew ‘Baus’ Adesuyan], they gave him [Burna Boy] $5 million when he was coming back.”

Phenom said raving rappers like Odumodublvck would soon quit rapping for singing because hip-hop is no longer lucrative.

“If someone like Odumodublvck is given $100,000 advance by his label, he will have to drop rap, start singing and enter TikTok to make it back it for the label,” he said.

Video:

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Rapper Sentenced to Death for Supporting Anti-Hijab Protest
Forum | 23 hours ago

Rapper Sentenced to Death for Supporting Anti-Hijab Protest

Taraba Tragedy: 12 Years Old Boy Shoots Younger Brother Dead In Jalingo
Forum | 1 day ago

Taraba Tragedy: 12 Years Old Boy Shoots Younger Brother Dead In Jalingo

Dead Boy Detectives’ Move From Max to Netflix Explained by Showrunner
Forum | 2 days ago

Dead Boy Detectives’ Move From Max to Netflix Explained by Showrunner

God Go Punish You - Skales Lambasts Troll Who Dragged Him Over Throwback Collaboration With Burna Boy
Forum | 2 days ago

God Go Punish You - Skales Lambasts Troll Who Dragged Him Over Throwback Collaboration With Burna Boy