Serie A: Napoli boss banks on Osimhen for title defence

Forum 5 months ago

Serie A: Napoli boss banks on Osimhen for title defence

Napoli manager, Walter Mazzarri hopes Victor Osimhen returns to his best as soon as possible after the Nigerian inspired a 2-1 away win at Atalanta on Saturday night.

Osimhen stepped up from the bench to teed up Elf Elmas for the winning goal at the Gewiss Stadium, Bergamo.

It was the striker’s first goal for the Serie A champions since he sustained a hamstring injury on international duty last month.

Mazzarri, who took charge of the Serie A champions last week has kind words for the talismanic striker.

“I didn’t need to be the Napoli coach to know that Osimhen is an excellent striker, I had watched him play!

“Fortunately he is back, I hope he gets his form back as soon as possible,” he said.

The 24-year-old has scored six goals in nine appearances for Napoli this season.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Liverpool’s title ambition takes hit with 2-0 defeat to Everton

EPL: This is the end of Liverpool’s title chances – Carragher on Everton defeat
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: This is the end of Liverpool’s title chances – Carragher on Everton defeat

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Arsenal, Man City must have bad moments – Klopp on Liverpool’s title chances

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Arteta reveals advantage Arsenal have over Liverpool, Man City in title race