EPL: I’m very excited – Brentford coach, Thomas Frank gives update on Ivan Toney

Forum 5 months ago

EPL: I’m very excited – Brentford coach, Thomas Frank gives update on Ivan Toney

Brentford manager, Thomas Frank has revealed his excitement at the imminent return of striker, Ivan Toney as his eight-month gambling ban nears its conclusion.

Ivan was initially banned in May by the Football Association (FA) after he admitted to 232 breaches of their gambling regulations.

The England star remained with Brentford over the summer and is closing in on his return to professional football, with his ban set to finish on January 16th 2024.

Speaking at his pre-match press conference ahead of Brentford’s Premier League tie with Arsenal this weekend, Frank revealed that the 27-year-old is itching to get going but refused to be drawn into any questions about his long-term future with the club.

“I’m very excited for him to be close and back in the team. He’s been training with us.

“It’s been nice for all of us, but mainly for Ivan [Toney].

“I know his focus is to get back and hit the ground running. I’m looking forward to it,” he said.

Meanwhile, Toney has been linked with Arsenal and Chelsea in the upcoming January transfer window.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
UNIPORT update on deadline for payment of school charges
Forum | 17 hours ago

UNIPORT update on deadline for payment of school charges

EPL: Nottingham Forest get Awoniyi’s fitness boost ahead of Sheffield United clash
Forum | 18 hours ago

EPL: Nottingham Forest get Awoniyi’s fitness boost ahead of Sheffield United clash

EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham
Forum | 18 hours ago

EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham

EPL: Piers Morgan slams Ten Hag for inability to handle Ronaldo, Sancho
Forum | 18 hours ago

EPL: Piers Morgan slams Ten Hag for inability to handle Ronaldo, Sancho