EPL: If I played with you, it’d drive me mad – Andy Cole slams Man Utd forward

Forum 5 months ago

EPL: If I played with you, it’d drive me mad – Andy Cole slams Man Utd forward

Former Manchester United striker, Andy Cole has said Antony would have driven him mad if they played together.

Cole also slammed the Premier League club for overpaying for the Brazil forward.

Antony joined United from Ajax last year in a €100million (£85.6m) deal.

However, he has failed to live up to his price tag during his time at Old Trafford.

Antony has no goals or assists in 12 appearances for United this season.

Cole told Betfred: “If I played with Antony, it would drive me mad.

“As a centre-forward, if you’re playing with someone like Antony and he doesn’t get to the byline and put crosses in, then you’re going to be pulling your hair out.

“Strikers need crosses, especially Rasmus Hojlund who hasn’t scored in the Premier League yet. When Antony cuts in on his left-foot, nine times out of ten he’s going to shoot. The only chances Hojlund’s going to receive from Antony is if the opposition goalkeeper parries any of his shots from distance.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Made Kuti Marks 6 Months Wedding Anniversary With Wife, Inedoye
Forum | 12 hours ago

Made Kuti Marks 6 Months Wedding Anniversary With Wife, Inedoye

EPL: Nottingham Forest get Awoniyi’s fitness boost ahead of Sheffield United clash
Forum | 16 hours ago

EPL: Nottingham Forest get Awoniyi’s fitness boost ahead of Sheffield United clash

EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham
Forum | 16 hours ago

EPL: ‘Enough is enough’ – Pochettino uncertain about his future at Chelsea despite win over Tottenham

EPL: Piers Morgan slams Ten Hag for inability to handle Ronaldo, Sancho
Forum | 16 hours ago

EPL: Piers Morgan slams Ten Hag for inability to handle Ronaldo, Sancho