EPL: Merson gives Pochettino names of three players that must start against Newcastle

Forum 5 months ago

EPL: Merson gives Pochettino names of three players that must start against Newcastle

Arsenal legend, Paul Merson has urged Chelsea manager, Mauricio Pochettino to stick with a front three of Cole Palmer, Nicolas Jackson and Raheem Sterling when they clash with Newcastle United.

Chelsea will face Newcastle in Saturday’s Premier League tie at St. James’ Park.

The Blues are currently in 10th position on the Premier League table with four points behind Newcastle who sit in 7th position.

“This is going to be another huge game. It’s one of those games where the result will be dictated by the availability of players,” Merson told Sportskeeda.

“Chelsea are starting to adapt to Mauricio Pochettino’s style. They are able to give any side a run for their money at this point.

“I think Chelsea have to stick with Nicolas Jackson, Raheem Sterling and Cole Palmer in attack. Sterling and Palmer have been in great form and they will be key here once again.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 5 hours ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club
Forum | 5 hours ago

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag
Forum | 5 hours ago

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 5 hours ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag