EPL: Mikael Silvestre gives Ratcliffe names of three players to sign for Man Utd

Forum 5 months ago

EPL: Mikael Silvestre gives Ratcliffe names of three players to sign for Man Utd

Former Manchester United defender Mikael Silvestre has named three footballers he wants Sir Jim Ratcliffe to sign once he completes his partial takeover of the Red Devils.

Ratcliffe is set to buy a 25 per cent stake of Man United and take control of football operations, overseeing transfer policy and recruitment.

However, Silvestre wants the British billionaire to sign the likes of Khephren Thuram, Jean-Clair Todibo and Youssouf Fofana, who all play in the French Ligue 1.

“Thuram and Todibo definitely have the level to play for Man Utd. And I’m sure they are on the radar and they will be scrutinised,” Silvestre told Bettingexpert.

“They will probably be put forward because it will be an easy and sensible transition and will make sense for INEOS [CEO Ratcliffe] to get the best scouting reports on these two players specifically.

“They are quality players. Both French internationals. Todibo is having a very good season. Khephren Thuram, a little bit less this season compared to last but still a quality midfielder.”

He added, “Every club could have moved for Youssouf Fofana early in the summer. He could have been a potential midfielder for Man Utd then. He has a bit more physical presence than Fred had for instance, but the club decided to sign [Sofyan] Amrabat instead of Fofana.

“Fofana is ticking a lot of boxes to play as a defensive midfielder for a Premier League team and Man United could definitely be his next move, for sure.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham
Forum | 1 hour ago

EPL: If I speak, there will be fire – Salah on clash with Klopp at West Ham

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club
Forum | 1 hour ago

‘It was a mistake, I’m sorry’ – Ruben Amorim apologises over failed move to EPL club

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag
Forum | 1 hour ago

EPL: Why Man Utd drew 1-1 with Burnley – Ten Hag

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag
Forum | 1 hour ago

EPL: Man Utd likely to play in Europa League next season – Ten Hag